Marketing a strategic tool for business development, is critical for the growth and survival of MSMEs. Due to the lack of information, scarcity of resources and unorganized ways of selling marketing, MSME sector often faces problems in exploring new markets and retaining the existing ones. Keeping in view these facts, the Procurement and Marketing support Scheme (PMS) http://www.dcmsme.gov.in/ has been introduced by Ministry of MSME to enhance the marketability of products and services in the MSME sector and NSIC is one of the Implementing agency of the Procurement and Marketing Scheme.
NSIC facilitates MSMEs under the Procurement Marketing Support Scheme http://www.dcmsme.gov.in/CLCS_TUS_Scheme/PMS/Scheme_Guidelines.aspx for participation in Exhibition. The scheme aims at the following:
- Promoting new market access initiatives like organising/participation in National /International Trade Fairs / Exhibitions/ MSME Expo etc.
- To create awareness and educate the MSMEs about importance / methods / process of packaging in marketing, latest packaging technology, import-export policy and procedure, GeM portal, MSME Conclave, latest developments in International/National trade and other subjects I topics relevant for market access developments.
- To create more awareness about trade fairs, bar code, digital advertising, e-marketing, GST, GeM portal, public procurement policy and other related topics etc.
SCHEME COMPONENTS FOR MARKETIBILITY ENHANCEMENT OF MSMEs
- Participation of individual MSEs in domestic trade fairs / exhibitions across the country.
- Organizing/Participation in trade fairs/ exhibitions/Vendor Development Program (VDP).
- International/National Workshops/Seminars
- Awareness Programs.
Manufacturing I Service sector MSEs registered at Udyog Aadhar Memorandum (UAM) Portal.
SELECTION OF MSEs:
The unit will apply to the nearest NSIC office and the application is accepted in online mode well in advance (02 month) prior to the commencement of trade fairs/exhibitions. After due scrutiny by NSIC field office, the applications are compiled and sent to the NSIC Head Office (Exhibition section) who thereafter will submit the proposal to the Empowered Committee / Project Screening Committee (i.e. the Competent Authority ) for their final approval.
|How to Participate in Exhibitions
|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)